This is a unique and unforgettable experience to see this critically endangered Bornean Orangutan (Pongo Pygmaeus) in the wild.
You will see orangutans in their natural habitat, feeding, making nests, playing with their young or traversing the tree tops.
This is an opportunity to learn more about the orangutan and understand why they are so close to extinction from your experienced guide.
What you could expect to see on your OrangutanTour
- Ex-captive orangutans now living in the wild, social behaviour, making daily nests and feeding
- Wild Orangutans
- Bornean bearded Pigs / Wild Boar
- Black handed Gibbons
- Long and short tailed Macaques
- Silvered Langur
- Maroon Langur / Red Leaf Mongkeys
- Hornbills- Asian Pied, Rhinoceros Hornbill
- King Fishers
- Monitor lizards, Flying Lizard
- Green tree frogs
- Honey bears
- plus many different tropical insects
- Crocodiles (Estuarine Crocodiles & Malayan False Gharial)
- Amazing plant diversity
- There are approximately 600 types of tree and almost 250 species of bird and is home to a globally significant population of orangutans, reptile, mammals, and amphibians that live in the newly classified World Heritage Tanjung Puting National Park.
Recommended for those that:
- have a medium to high degree of fitness
- are comfortable being in nature and love the sounds of Nature
- who are concerned about the plight of the Bornean Orangutan, Proboscis Monkey and Hornbills.
- are culturally and environmentally aware
- like an adventure!
How this Tour benefits Bornean Orangutans, Proboscis Monkey and the National Park
- By taking this tour you are:
- Supporting local trekking guides, who also act as Government forest rangers, living on simple wages.
- You will come away knowing more about the plight of the orangutan – maybe you will be inspired to help, or at least pass on your new knowledge to others
- Supporting local alternative income and helps them to place value on their natural resources and help to safe guard their future.
- A donation from your trek fee is given to the Park
- Support our adopted children to educate them for their future.